Richard Keeling has specialized in the healthcare market since the late 1970s, providing consultancy advice throughout the United Kingdom and in Europe. His work has been focused in advising healthcare operators, investors, and funders in primary care, secondary and acute care, and independent, assisted, and continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs). Richard has been a member of England’s well-known Harley Street Advisory Group, formed to promote the world-renowned Harley Street Medical Precinct in London. His expertise in CCRCs has included design, layout, structuring, sales, and marketing. His career assignments have included substantial work in Spain, Portugal, the USA, and China. Prior to joining Active Living International Richard worked with Colliers International on the specialized healthcare team. Richard has worked with a wide range of healthcare professionals, including operators, developers, investors, and government agencies. Richard’s senior living focus has included:
- Continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs)
- Independent living
- Assisted living
- Primary care
- Secondary and acute care
- Dementia care
- Psychiatric care and gerontology
During his career he has represented or advised numerous corporations in the United Kingdom, Europe, and China including:
- Bupa – Acquisition of Richmond Healthcare, a leading U.K. CCRC operator.
- Sunrise Assisted Living – Valuation of the U.K. portfolio.
- Barchester Healthcare – Consultancy and valuation advice on a portfolio of senior communities.
- Union Life – Design and advisory services to a large retirement community development in Wuhan, Habai Province, China
- BEN, Benevolent Fund – Advisory services to the leading charity for the U.K. motor industry regarding long term care, nursing and dementia communities and a luxury CCRE under construction in Ascot, U.K.
Born and educated in the UK, Richard is a Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.