A Global Challenge
Within the next 25 years the world will experience staggering increases in the number of elderly people. By 2050 the United Nations estimates that the populations of 65+ will represent 20% of the world’s population. It will more than double from its current level of 600 million to 1.1 billion. (The Economist April 26, 2014).
With increasing lifespans worldwide societies may now have four generations to care for instead of three. Competent care givers may be difficult to find often putting adult children in the position of being torn between the needs of their parents, their own children and their careers.
Solutions to address these phenomena are presenting opportunities that need to be carefully assessed. In the 1980’s assisted living was a nascent industry in which we pioneered. Today, in the United States assisted living employs more than 420,000 people generating $10.5 billion dollars in wages and salaries annually. The business annual gross revenue has grown to $33 billion dollars.
Knowledgeable solutions are required.
Active Living International’s principals have more than 100 years of experience in residential and healthcare development, operations and management in the dynamically growing field of senior living.
We possess unparalleled international experience in Independent Living, Assisted Living, Dementia Care, (including Alzheimer’s Disease) Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs) and Adult Day Care. We have the unique ability to define the optimum models to provide care for the elderly and solutions for their families in a solid business enterprise.
Active Living International is a specialized advisory group providing strategic analysis, operational design and development programming for clients seeking innovative approaches to their specific seniors housing and healthcare needs.Our unique approach is characterized by:
• Combined experience of more than 100 years in the senior living business.
• Network of experts in every facet of the business in caring for the elderly.
• A defined focus on developing advisory solutions for an ageing planet.
• The professional and geographical diversity of our principals demonstrate a capacity for assignments worldwide.
• Understanding that deep cultural traditions and sensitivities vary from country to country and within cultures.
• Our agenda is focused on the needs of our client.
• We have the ability and predisposition to act as your Senior Living Department working on your behalf with investment bankers, architects, land planners and local authorities.
Active Living International has conceptual and practical experience in:
Adult Day Care
Internal and Web-based Systems